ORDINANCE ABOUT INTERDICTION OF DRIVING
Uradni list RS st. 16/95
Back in 1995 Slovenian government interdicted driving with motor
vehicles and bicycles in natural environment with the
ordinance which is still in force. Because bicycles were
unjustifiably put in the same group as if bikes were equal to
cars, a leaflet was later published by the Ministry of the
Environment in cooperation with Slovenian Cycling Association -
MTB section. The purpose of the leaflet was to
"soften" the ordinance and to give instructions to
mountain bikers how to ride in natural environment. Here are
some instructions from the leaflet:
- Avoid popular trekking and walking areas.
- Use only appropriate, wide enough forest paths, field
cart tracks and similar tracks.
- Do not ride outside bitten paths!
- Give way to pedestrians on all uncategorized roads and
- Do not blind
along and do not litter!
- Real mountain biker is not a savage.
He/she is nature's friend and acts like one.